ABOUT KM ECO LTD
KM ECO Ltd is a family run business, founded by Barry Keymer to facilitate the delivery of pro-active waste management and environmental consultancy services, having worked on many London, southern region & central region of England projects. Using the partnership approach provides a one-stop shop for all environmental and waste management requirements. Barry Keymer has over 33 years’ experience working in the construction, fit out and waste management sectors, successfully delivering a client focused service. KM ECO Ltd are passionate about customer service, social value along with cost management, delivering a true partnership approach. We believe there are a number of significant benefits in working with KM ECO Ltd, including:
• We have an understanding of the importance of the need for strong relationships with the environment teams, site managers and several key members of the management teams both pre project start for planning and post project decommissioning.
• The knowledge of existing site set-up, site contacts and service expectations.
• Proactive management procedures in place for reporting requirements for key performance indicators and ongoing evidence collation for BREEAM, LEED, SKA and considerate construction schemes.
• Our business approach focuses on the waste hierarchy and to assist project teams in achieving waste reduction ambitions. We also support our clients corporate responsibility and community impact reduction programmes on an ongoing basis.
Scope of services
KM ECO Ltd offer a one stop shop for all waste management and environmental auditing
• Industry leading supply rates.
• Collation of project reports on waste management data in accordance with the clients requirements.
Reports to include the following parameters:
– Landfill diversion rate (%)
– Volume of waste recycled (tonnes and % of total waste volume) ß please bring the sub points out slightly from the bullet points
– Reuse/upcycling (%)
• Undertaking of regular compliance and pre-refurbishment audits when required. This will include internal and external compliance audits.
• Day to day site support to identify proactive waste management improvements.
• Site visits and onsite audits to identify segregation opportunities.
• Resolution of problems, complaints and incidents as they arise.
• To liaise with the clients environmental teams.
• To liaise with the clients procurement teams to ensure best value.
• Liaison with material re-use and community interest companies to upcycle strip-out products.
• Consolidation centre for upcycling/re-use of materials on community engagement projects.
• Modern state of the art recycling facilities audited for compliance and monitored on a regular basis.
• Management of sub-contractor take back schemes.
• Manufacturers take back schemes.
• Onsite environmental compliance audits.
• Waste contractor compliance audits.
• Environmental awareness training for supply chain.
• To liaise with community impact teams to participate and support social value to ensure community engagement.
Infrastructure in place for On-Site Segregation-upcycling and Reuse
As part of our added value service, we have already put in place several upcycling, reuse and recycling agreements to facilitate the collection of comingled wastes and segregated waste streams where financially viable. This will ensure our clients comply with the various environmental performance schemes.
• Mixed general waste
• Packaging waste
• Brick block
• Hazardous waste
• WEE waste
• Carpet tiles
• Office furniture
Daily operational contingencies
KM ECO Ltd are currently servicing several projects in the London and home counties on a daily basis, the following pointers are paramount to the successful service and incident preventative actions.
• Site visits and surveys with a waste service plan that is agreed by the project teams
• Types of waste that will be produced so to provide the correct type and size of container
• Height restrictions
• Weight restrictions
• Width restrictions
• Site access restraints
• Noise restrictions/ site operating hours
• Provision and awareness of local schools, community centres, youth clubs etc
• Permits, parking bay suspensions
• Communicating on a daily basis with project managers for service provisions
• Overloaded containers, fire risks, health and safety, accident prevention
• Fast track works programmes
• Safe lay down areas for waste containers
• Subcontractor toolbox talks
• Journey planning to reduce carbon
Trusted by businesses such as
Social Value Manager – Engie
“I have been working with KM Eco Ltd for the past few years in my capacity as ENGIE Social Value Manager, and they have built a very strong reputation within our operations teams for their positive user-friendly approach to waste management, competitive pricing coupled with an alignment to meet ENGIE’s ambitious recycling targets have quickly led to them now being our main waste management partner…”
Group health and safety Director – Oktra
“We have been using the services of KM ECO Ltd since 2018. KM ECO Ltd have been one of the main drivers in helping us to achieve and maintain our targets of improved waste reduction, upcycling, reuse, and recycling for waste stream management to assist us with our zero waste to landfill target…”
Project Manager – Chas Berger
“Having worked with KM Eco Ltd for a number of years now we have found them to be extremely helpful, always willing to go the extra mile to fully support our project teams & social value agenda. KM ECO Ltd are a proactive company that ensures our teams get high service levels & have a robust approach to waste management, carbon reduction and environmental consultancy services. A pleasure to work with…”
Website designed by Jennifer Cornish Design